Statement of Faith
of Christ the Redeemer Reformed Presbyterian Church - RPC
Christ the Redeemer Presbyterian Church maintains the Westminster Confession of Faith of 1647 along with the Larger and Shorter
Catechisms as our doctrinal standards. This is consistent with the standards maintained by the Reformed Presbyterian Church.
We also adhere to the directives of the Book of Church Order of the Reformed Presbyterian Church as a means of maintaining
order and peace in the church of Jesus Christ.
The Church further maintains the following doctrinal distinctives:
- Sola Scriptura: We reaffirm the inerrant Scripture to be the sole source of written divine revelation, which alone can bind the
conscience. The Bible alone teaches all that is necessary for our salvation from sin and is the standard by which all Christian behavior
must be measured. We deny that any creed, council or individual may bind a Christian's conscience, that the Holy Spirit speaks
independently of or contrary to what is set forth in the Bible, or that personal spiritual experience can ever be a vehicle of revelation.
- Solus Christus: We reaffirm that our salvation is accomplished by the mediatorial work of the historical Christ alone. His sinless
life and substitutionary atonement alone are sufficient for our justification and reconciliation to the Father. We deny that the gospel is
preached if Christ's substitutionary work is not declared and faith in Christ and his work is not solicited.
- Sola Gratia: We reaffirm that in salvation we are rescued from God's wrath by his grace alone. It is the supernatural work of the
Holy Spirit that brings us to Christ by releasing us from our bondage to sin and raising us from spiritual death to spiritual life.
We deny that salvation is in any sense a human work. Human methods, techniques or strategies by themselves cannot accomplish this transformation.
Faith is not produced by our unregenerated human nature.
- Sola Fide: We reaffirm that justification is by grace alone through faith alone because of Christ alone. In justification Christ's
righteousness is imputed to us as the only possible satisfaction of God's perfect
justice. We deny that justification rests on any merit to be found in us, or upon the grounds of an infusion of Christ's righteousness in
us, or that an institution claiming to be a church that denies or condemns
sola fide can be recognized as a legitimate church.
- Soli Deo Gloria: We reaffirm that because salvation is of God and has been accomplished by God, it is for God's glory and that we must
glorify him always. We must live our entire lives before the face of God, under the authority of God and for his glory alone. We deny
that we can properly glorify God if our worship is confused with entertainment, if we neglect either Law or Gospel in our preaching, or if
self-improvement, self-esteem or self-fulfillment are allowed to become alternatives to the gospel.
- We acknowledge a literal six consecutive day creationist view of Genesis.
- We embrace the biblical view of family. To this end, we practice head-of-household voting; encourage family-integrated church
practices; embrace the clear teaching of Scripture on the definition of marriage, that it is a union of one man with one woman; support a pro-life
stand on abortion; and we acknowledge that all theories and actions of homosexuality are violations of Scripture.
- We adhere to a two office view of the church (Southern Presbyterian) while maintaining a three fold function of the eldership (preaching,
teaching and governing)
- We reject all forms of humanistic teachings and practices.
click here for DOC file